As we have already anticipated, hormones and sebaceous glands are very active during this stage of our life.
The adrenal glands (found in the ovaries and testes) secrete a large number of sex hormones. These hormones stimulate the sebaceous glands of the skin, which are responsible for creating sebum, sometimes in large quantities. If not properly eliminated, this excess oil from our skin accumulates in the pore and can give rise to comedones (blackheads) and inflammation of the skin.
External factors of teenage acne
Our skin in adolescence is prone to having such as pimples and spots but there are also other external factors that can aggravate the situation:
• Dirt and traces of dry sebum or excess bacteria on the skin.
• Pollution and contamination in large cities make our skin dirtier.
• Abrasive exfoliants that are harsh to already damaged skin.
• Products that aim to remove oil from the skin. This, in the end, can cause the opposite effect as the body overproduces oil and creating new areas for acne to develop.
How to prevent acne
Good news is we can choose a daily routine so that our acne does not get worse:
• Daily cleaning with mild soaps that don’t irritate the skin. Avoiding products such as high pH soaps that break the natural pH of the skin and excessively remove oil from your face.
• Use a correct moisturizing treatment. Having oily skin doesn’t mean that it is hydrated skin.
• Choice a healthy lifestyle.
• Use cosmetics creams that help control acne such as Salicylic Acid, which decongests pores, eliminates dead leftover cells and has anti-bacterial properties.
• Use cosmetics containing Retinol, a cosmetic active ingredient that has a proven record of improving skin with acne.
• Don’t squeeze pimples, spots or blackheads since we will only get worse and leave scars.
If you have moderate or severe acne, we recommend that you visit a dermatologist.
Lesielle treatment for teenage acne
So that you can deal with the outbreaks of pimples, spots and blackheads we recommend a specific treatment which can take care of acneic skin in adolescence.
The moisturizing base for your skin type with SPF + Salicylic Acid + Retinol + Vitamin E